Top 10 iPhone 4 Cases You’ll Want Before Christmas
While many of us wait for Apple to give us a free bumper, the waiting line is growing every day and a bumper only protects the sides of the iPhone 4 and not the glass back. Below is a list of the top 10 iPhone 4 cases that are available on the market today that you’ll want to pick up before Christmas rolls around this winter… which is probably when we’ll all get our free bumpers (note: model not included).
Top 10 iPhone 4 Cases
10. invisibleSHIELD for the iPhone 4 – If you know anything about Zaggs invisibleSHIELD you will know that they offer military grade protection for your electronics, thin but durable. They have made a product just for the iPhone 4, that provides coverage for those “sensitive to the touch” areas of your phone. Price varies from 9.99 to 24.99 depending on the level of coverage you want for your phone.
9. SportGrip Edge for iPhone 4 – Since Apple has pulled all bumpers from the Apple Stores here is a instant solution. The SportGrip Edge for iPhone 4 is a great substitution for a bumper (and its $10 less). A soft band stretches to fit tightly around the edges of the phone, the Edge includes two clear sheets of film protection–one for the front and one for the back. The result leaves the back and front fully exposed visually, but shielded against scratches. Priced at $19.99.
8. Case-Mate iPhone 4 Cases – Case-Mate well known for their quality products currently has six cases to choose from, though at the time of this post quantities were limited. Prices range from $14.99 to $34.99. The one featured on the right is their “Vroom Case” which features an automotive inspired, silicone rubber exterior which is good for absorbing shocks and impacts.
7. Speck iPhone 4 Cases – Speck has some very sharp looking cases with unique styles, they currently have three different cases in stock and ready to ship. Prices for the three different cases are $29.95 each.
The one featured on the right is their CandyShell model which features a hard shell with a soft center.
6. Ideal iPhone 4 Cases – Hands down the biggest selection (well over 200) of in-stock iPhone 4 cases I was able to find on the net. They have a massive selection and it appears that all their iPhone 4 cases were in-stock. Prices range from $14.99 to $39.90. The model featured to the right is called “Ultra Circle Series” in green for $14.99 and features a silicone material that is slightly see through…kind of cool. Their website also states that it “gives a comfortable sensation when gripping”… interesting.
5. AGF’s Vent Cases – AGF offers a case called “Vent” which performs exactly like it sounds, it has vented holes on the backside and sides to allow the phone to cool.
If you are an extreme iPhone gamer, you may want to look into the AGF as a solution to keep your phone cool while you jam on the latest apps. One of the other benefits to AGF’s case is that it is only $16.99.
4. Otterbox iPhone 4 Cases – Otter Box has a solution for virtually every smartphone on the market from iPhone, BlackBerry, Google, HP, HTC and more. This case to the right is their “Defender Series” case which is perfect for anyone looking for a durable, rugged case like for individuals in the construction workforce or someone who drops their phone continuously. If you are looking for a much more thin solution, they offer the Impact case.
The only thing that sucks about Otter Boxes Defender case is that it’s $49.95… ouch. AppleCare is only another $50 guys.
3. Belkin Shield iPhone 4 Cases – Belkin have been manufacturing iDevice products for some time now and the company has a pretty wide selection of iPhone cases as well.
Featured here is their Shield Eclipse model which has a scratch resistant lower portion (rubberized) with an exposed top. Colors include blue, purple, black and white. The Eclipse sells for $29.95.
2. iFrogz Cases - iFrogz was one of the first iPhone 4 cases to hit the market, signing a deal with AT&T made sure their cases were in stores on opening day. The iFrogz Black “Luxe” case (featured right) is a hard, two piece soft shell that conforms to the iPhone 4 very well. The case is available in several different colors and sells for $29.99. If you haven’t checked out my review yet, do so now.
1. Incipio Ultra Light Feather Cases – Incipio sells a handful of different cases but the best one they’ve got is their ultra light “Feather” case which is razor thin at 1mm thick. The case is a form fit hard finish that is durable and doesn’t add any fat to the phone. I bought one for my 3GS and I plan to buy another one for my iPhone 4. The feather comes in a variety of colors and can be picked up for $24.99.
[Model credit via Flickr]
Filed: Featured • Hardware • iPhone • News • Top 10