iPad Pre-orders Have Begun, Limited to Two Per Person
- All models of the iPad can now be pre-ordered, but the 3G versions won’t ship until late April.
- Three Wi-Fi configurations: the $499 16GB version, the $599 32GB version, or the $699 64GB version.
- Three 3G models will cost $130 more than their respective Wi-Fi counterparts—$629 for 16GB, $729 for 32GB, and $829 for 64GB. (Getting 3G service will require a 3G data plan from AT&T at an additional cost.)
- Apple allows each customer to pre-order up to two iPads.
If you pre-order the iPad for delivery, Apple says it will arrive on April 3 unless your area doesn’t have Saturday delivery, in which case it will show up on Monday April 5. You can also reserve one for pick up at your local Apple Store on April 3.
Don’t forget the accessories!
- $39 iPad case
- $29 dock, $69 dock with keyboard
- $29 USB power adapter (one is included in the box)
- $29 dollar VGA adapter.
The accessories,are listed as having a ship time of “by April 3,” that suggests they probably will arrive later.
Filed: Featured • Hardware • iPad • News