Catcha Mouse Review, Tips and Solutions
More Catcha Mouse Solves
There’s a great reason why Catcha Mouse is the #1 Free App in the Apple iTunes App Store. It’s fun, easy to learn, and super addicting! The goal is simple: trap a mouse as he jumps around in a grid-like fashion (think Q*bert). If he jumps into one of the available holes, well then it’s all over for you!
While I initially got stuck and frustrated on one of the Medium levels, as soon as I figured it out, I was able to finish the entire game, including the extra levels, and went on to purchase “Catcha Mouse 2” for more game play.
The graphics and animations are great, and the ability for it to save your game no matter where you are is awesome and it works great. I just have three complaints:
1. When you resume a game you click the “New” button which is a bit confusing.
2. The sound level cannot be adjusted by the game or the volume knob on your iPhone, so as a result the volume is incredibly loud, requiring you to enable the one sound control the app gives you: Sound Off!
3. There is an end to this game, so once you’ve completed all the levels, why keep it on your phone?
Suggestions to the Developers
It would be great if the developers (Odasoft) added more game play options such as a points system (perhaps with a global leader board), timed puzzles, and perhaps multiplayer option where you’re the trapper and your friend is the mouse!
1. Keep Mr. Mouse on his toes… set traps in front and behind, or beside him to change his direction. It’s amazing how much you can throw him off.
2. Close and far: Set traps close, or far away from the mouse. Proximity can change his direction dramatically.
3. Fence him in! Don’t let the challenge of the holes trick you. Sometimes an extremely hard looking level can easily be solved by boxing in the mouse by setting a straight or diagonal line of traps. As long as you can stay one step ahead of him, you’ll win every time!
If you get stuck, go to our Catcha Mouse Solves page. Hope they help you out!
Please post your comments, tips, and your own reviews below in the comments area!
Filed: Featured • Games • iPhone